Consolidated Freightways-In September 1949 an application was being considered to haul general commodities between Kalispell, Montana and Hungry Horse Dam
Kalispell-Spokane Motor Freight was the name used before becoming Montana Motor Freight. In July 1938 a new route was requested between Kakispell and Libby and between Rovalli to Missoula.
Robert L Kitt owned two trucking companies: Bitter Root Transfer Line, Flathead-Missoula Motor Freight. In 1933 Mr. Kitt purchased a route between Kalispell and Polson from B W Alexander. It would provide a continuous route of 175 miles between Hamilton and Kalispell. His Bitter Route line was already operating daily between Missoula and Polson.
In April 1935 Cater Motor Freight System of Spokane, Washington and Daniels Auto Freight Lines of Butte, Montana combined and established a terminal in Missoula, Montana at 123 Alder Street.
Kalispell Motor Freight Company, Inc was formed in 1937 by JR Smart, who acquired two companies and merged them together. The two firms were Kalispell-Spokane Auto Freight and Kalispell-Missoula Motor Freight.