Boyce Motor Lines was founded by Lester C Boyce in 1931. The Company was incorporated in 1940 after acquiring Marsh Motor Service of Fredonia, New York just a year before. With this purchase it enabled Boyce to serve most of New York State.
In 1952 Boyce acquired Volmer Transportation Inc. of Amsterdam, New York. Boyce Motor Lines was sold to Shirks Motor Express in 1957. Lester Boyce was not done as he reentered the trucking field with another Boyce Motor Lines in May 1960. On the hunt for expansion he acquired Best Motor Lines of Buffalo, New York in 1964 and G&N Motor Express of Newark, New Hersey in 1966.