The company was established in 1920 and by the end of 1935 operated 200 pieces of equipment, including 48 new trucks recently added to the fleet.
Also in 1935 service started on a route between Detroit and Muskegon, Michigan.
In 1837 U.S. covered over 4.7 million highway miles and handled 348,750 tons of freight.
In May 1941 extended service to Michigan areas of Saginaw and Bay City.
Added 49 new trailers to the 550 trailer fleet in February 1950, and in January 1955 added 125 additional units to the fleet.